Dirt in the Streets TV

DIRTBEATS.COM. Search Engine

Loading

DIRTy ANGLES

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lil Wayne Leaves Hip Hop… for Skateboarding

Lil Wayne Leaves Hip Hop… for Skateboarding: 140317747PB059_Escape_To_To
bangstyle.com Skateboarding lil wayne hiatus Cash Money Records  today music  Lil Wayne Leaves Hip Hop... for Skateboarding
Lil Wayne was the youngest rapper to join the Cash Money Records crew at the age of nine when he was one half of the duo The B.G’z.  In 1997, he joined the group Hot Boys with Juvenile, B.G, and Young Turk. Two years later, he released his debut album Tha Block Is Hot, which sold over one million copies nation-wide.  Since then, Lil Wayne has released a total of eight more studio albums and twenty-five mix tapes, much to the pleasure of his loyal fans.  So what’s the next step for the world-famous rapper?  Funny you should ask, because it seems like our boy has grown tired of the rap game and has set his eyes on a new love: skateboarding.  Early 2011, in an interview with GQ, Lil Wayne explained that because his childhood was ripped away from him due to early stardom, he still considers himself a kid.  He saw a commercial with people skateboarding and had a ramp installed on his roof in mid-2010.  He has been skateboarding ever since and has even gotten a nasty scar from a fall that required nine stitches (ROFL..Sorry….).
So that’s great, Lil Wayne got a hobby! A hobby that he now cares about more than rapping. That’s right, Lil Wayne now considers rap “boring” and wants to focus on skateboarding full-time. Uhh… okay then…  In an interview with Atlanta-based radio station Hot 107.9, he explained:
“Being me, I always feel like I ain’t done nothing yet, so I’m always looking for the next thing to do. It does get pretty boring when it comes to just the rapping and all that type of stuff.  I’ve been doing it since I was eight, and I’m about to be 30 in September… I think I deserve [a rest].  I think fans deserve a little-to-no Wayne.  I’ve been everywhere.  I’ve been out on everybody’s song. My artists are doing awesome; I believe the fans deserve some peace from me, so I’ll be on my skateboard in the meantime.”
Well, when he puts it that way, it’s a lot harder to snicker at his decision.  I’m not a huge fan of Lil Wayne post-2005, but I can respect his decision to chill out for a bit and take a little bit of “Me-Time.”  It’s not like he will disappear completely…  He has a romantic-themed LP titled Devol which we can expect in the upcoming months, and his memoir Gone Till November, which documents his time in prison, will be out on November 28th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dirt in the Streets TV

D.I.R.T.

@dirtbeats


"DIRTy Angels" (KSlim,Jardin, & Shiona) Every Wednesday 6-10pm On www.411RealityRadio.com Parties, Promo Events, Photo Shoots,Models & More dirtbeats11@gmail.com

"ROOTS of SOUL" soon to be released

Crazy


@alistchoice

NEW VIDEO!!

CONGRATS!!! to D.I.R.T. aka "Dope Innovative Rap Technique" on his new Radio Show at http://www.411realityradio.com/ join him and his co-host Verse every Saturday from 9pm to 12am ...it's gonna be a venue for Independent Art to shine cause dat's da kind of nigga D.I.R.T. is .....do yo thang Homie!!! I wonder what "Hatin AZZ Larry" thinks about this shit!! ...lol!

D.I.R.T. wit dat NETWORK CLIQ


D-VIRAL "Hate on ME"


Hatin Azz Larry Interlude to "HATE ON ME" D.I.R.T. ft VERSE

WWW.HIPHOPCSS.COM

D.I.R.T. "RODE ON " ft The NETWORK

c

c

@dirtbeats HOT TWEETER of the DAY

Track BATTLES matches Independent Artist D.I.R.T. "@dirtbeats" up aganist the top Artist

D.I.R.T. "The N-WORD (nigga) the N-WORD controversy on FULL BLAST @dirtbeats

@dirtbeats HOT TWEETER of the DAY

@dirtbeats HOT TWEETER of the DAY

D.I.R.T. ‏@dirtbeats S/0 to my new Car Club!!! >>>>> @DFWLX look what I'm bringing to table!! Lol

@dirtbeats



iTalk Nicki Minaj

@dirtbeats HOT TWEETER of the DAY

g

g



#dirtbeats

#dirtbeats


iTalk Waka Flocka

@BBPinup website bbpinupexclusive.com


@BBPinup website bbpinupexclusive.com

p

p

@dirtbeats


iTalk Rhianna

@ItzKrissy